October 16, 2011

Idiotese


You know, I often wonder - why you chose me over all the others that wooed you. Come to think of it, I didn't even woo you properly.

It isn't a conscious choice that guides you in such matters. It’s just an instinct that I followed.


But what if your instinct proves to be wrong at some later date?


Now that i have made the choice, i am willing to stand by it, come what may.


Even if that means going down with a sinking ship?


Yes, even if means that. But i won't let the ship sink, not if I have a say in that.


Do you really have a hope of reforming a stubborn idiot?


No, i don't. i couldn't have such a hope. It’s for the idiot to realise he isn't so much of an idiot after all.


Oh! So now you are resorting to giving lectures - the very thing i hate.


And now you are resorting to what you are best at - trying to shoo away the very people who love you. What’s your problem anyway?


I don't know.


You don't know or you don't want to know?


Why wouldn't I want to know?


Because that would put on you the responsibility to take corrective measures. And you have been running away from responsibilities all your life.


But being in love with you is a responsibility I’ve agreed to undertake.


Oh!! And what a task it is - to carry on a conversation when we meet and to keep in touch through mails and phone calls when we don't. You call that a responsibility??


Shouldn’t I?


Ask yourself.


I think it is one hell of a responsibility.


You really make me doubt my decision sometimes.


There, I caught you. What was all that talk about going down with a sinking ship, eh?
 

What’s this?? A debate competition where you try to score brownie points for every grammatical mistake??
 

Whatever it is, you admitted that you doubt your decision sometimes. That means you are not sure that you are in love with me.
 

The decision I was thinking of was the decision to try to talk you out of your idiot world. But I guess you revel in this pastime. So I guess I’ll have to live with this.
 

You know, you are an idiot yourself. Because of your choice you are stuck with an idiot. We’ll have no problem communicating, i think. There isn't much difference in our intelligence levels anyway. We’ll call our language idiotese.
 

Sometimes, i hope you stay this lovable idiot that you are. 



No comments: