October 15, 2007

life and death


i wake up bleary-eyed
walk around in a daze
yawning on the border
between
life and death

it's morning and i must die
zombie for the day
i can't make myself dream
with my eyes open

reality ties me down
and i feel suffocated
dracula in his tomb
hungry for more blood

i long for my dreams
i am my dreams
the sun sucks out
the last of my life

each one of my dreams
is now a thousand shards
and i'm broken
over and over

i die every morning
with the rising sun
and i'm buried
with my dreams

but before i kill myself
i make a last wish
someday let me wake up
to my dream

-------------------------------

written in a Business Research Methods class and a Marketing class.

2 comments:

Jade said...

Sigh. I agree. They should give us a couple of days' break. Just so we can get away from this place.

naween said...

jasmine

couldn't agree more!!