December 10, 2008

superstar!


i love the little girl
who makes sand-castles
jumps into puddles
and loves the rain

i love the friend
my shoulder to cry upon
someone i can confess to
without fear of being judged

i love the butterfly
who colors my dreams
and at the end of the rope
shares her wings of imagination

i love the superwoman
who looks after me
the one who holds my hand
through the dark night

i love the sunshine
who strews smiles around
the one whose light
i feel with my eyes closed

and each one is as different
as chalk and cheese
a delusion, i know
that love makes me see

all the different women
love made me see in her
i love all of them
i love all of her

[written for a competition organized by the dramatics and cultural association. it can be viewed online here. the topic was: love is the delusion that one woman differs from another.]

No comments: