December 14, 2010

incoherent rambling

some stupid waves came
and swept away my sand-castle
and as i picked up
the last remains of my creation
i could not help but wonder
should i stop building altogether?

the waves, they'd always be there
waiting just beyond the shore
watching me build the castle
nimble-footed for the kill
and so i confronted them
asked if i had ever wronged them
and why they couldn't let me
enjoy the fruits of my labor
even for one evanescent moment

and they replied in sad voices
they were bound by an ancient curse
to rise up and then fall down
in one endless excruciating cycle
it hurt them as much
destroying my castle
and so, while retreating, they'd stay
just a second more at my feet
asking for forgiveness

and now i realised
i had been quick to judge
putting my pain
above everyone else's

so i stopped
making stupid castles
played with the waves instead
and in place of something
that broke in a second
i got something special
a friend for life

photo by Basu. More of the same beautiful stuff can be seen here. even i can't make any sense out of what i've written here :P

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone is back to bloggin!!

seems like pune inspiring u a lot

- anti-gal

naween said...

arre nahi!! One post a month is hardly blogging at all :P

Anonymous said...

Hello!

naween said...

@codedivine: hello back!!

yamini said...

This piece makes a lot of sense to me. Loved it :)

Chintan said...

Simple yet touching. Keep them coming. :)

naween said...

@yamini and chintan: thanks :)

P. said...

But this is enchanting.

I've never thought of waves that way. The curse. The asking for forgiveness.

Maybe because I never made sand castles.

:)