June 20, 2008

struggle


they flutter and splutter
shredded appendages
that once propped me up
and every moment
i soared among clouds
is like a thorn now
bleeding me to death
i try and try some more
but i end up gasping
for breath, for life
as it's only the earth
i can embrace now
and everyone around
mocks me with
the same question
again and again:
how high can you fly
with broken wings

i hide behind a veil
of blood and tears
groveling in the dust
ready for any pity
they'd throw at me
but they keep poking
at the wounds
and as i gather
my arms around me
they aim for my heart
and i get angry

i get angry
for all the spilled blood
for all the shards
my wings have been
turned into
every broken piece
has a jagged edge
and in a fury
i rip apart
each one of them
with all the pieces of
my broken dreams

and as i fly away
my wings whole again
i see all the corpses
lying dead there
i see them
all of me

No comments: