April 10, 2011

Two sides of the same coin


I hate you.


No, you don't.

No, I do.


No, you don't.


You are not the decision maker here.


I know. And still I say, you don't hate me.


You are being arrogant.


No, I'm not. Tell me, why do you hate me?


Because you make me feel miserable.


Define miserable.


Look it up in the dictionary.


I know what it means. I just want to know what you mean by that.

You make me cry.


Because I love you?


No, it's not because of that. I know no one could have loved more.


Then, why?? I could tell you why but you won't like the answer.


You are saying you know me better than I do myself?


That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that I could tell you things you are afraid to say to yourself.


Shoot!


You are afraid to lose control, you don't want to lose yourself in emotions that might get out of hand.


How do you know that?


Because for all this time I've been in love with you, you've kept me out of your inner world.

And you have been ever-insistent on barging in..

Yes, I have done that. Not because I wanted to interfere. But only because I wanted to share.

Share what? Your sense and understanding of the world ? And thrust it upon me?

If you had just given up that line of thought for one small moment, you would have seen that it's not much different from yours. It's a dream we've seen together. It's just that you refuse to acknowledge your share.

I'm not a dreamer.

In your own obstinate way, you are. You just don't want to share your dreams. Not even with the one the dream is for.

You are making me cry again.

I am just making you see the fact that I would NEVER want to change you. Because the way you are, is the way I've fallen in love with. Why would I ever want to change that?

Can you promise me that you will keep trying to drill some sense no matter how stubborn I am?

I will. And you know that.

Yes, I do.

Now, stop crying.

Yes, I should.

No comments: