July 21, 2007

weep to sleep to weep


i'd like to watch you sleep at night
to hear you breathe
by my side
and though sleep leaves me behind
there's nowhere i'd rather be

your scent lingers in my room
it's ages since you were here
but i see you everywhere
just like yesterday
the strand of hair on your cheek
and the dewdrop
caught in your eyelashes

still where you left it all
i gather every memory
but they keep running away
and sometimes i just can't sleep
fearing i'd wake up
and forget something else

there's a little Sunshine
pouring in through a broken slat
and i swear i could
feel you here just a moment ago
the phone doesn't ring
and the windchime is silent
all the sounds are waiting
for just one thing
the sound of your laughter

i lie sprawled on this bed
with my head buried
under the pillow
hoping you'd come again
breathe into my ear
and wake me up

my fingers trace out the place
you lay down beside me
was it yesterday?
or a blink ago?

i'd like to watch you sleep at night
to see you smile...

===========================

partly lifted from 'all you want' - dido.

No comments: