February 27, 2008

towering totem


i could be superman
fly the skies
soar above the clouds
touch the stars
and all my dreams

but i'm tied down
i try and i try
the ropes cut the skin
and though much blood is spilt
the fact remains
i can't move an inch

and i stand there
hoping and wishing
someone would come
and cut some of the ropes
help me fight out

i want someone
to believe in me
tell me i can fly
that if i spread my arms
and wanted to fly
the ropes would break
all on their own

but i forget
superman can't be super
if not from inside
there are no ropes
but those that
i've tied myself.

[made the chalk thing in a FM class today... the poem was written in a CSE class following that... the pic has been intentionally taken that way, coz the 'superman' didn't come out well in the end... didn't have anything sharp.. had to do it with a key..]

1 comment:

KauMoChan said...

"I've tied myself" - good thought