August 4, 2007

adieu


goodbye my lover
goodbye my friend
you've been the one
you've been the one for me

this is where it all ends
here we part
forever is no longer the word
never, never, never
is all i can hear

we walked together
for just a little while
your hand in mine
and i was loved
and pampered, and cared for

but you must go
i can understand why
there's simply no way
you could have stayed
here with me

and so, thank you darling
for everything you gave me
everything you did
and everything you said
thank you for all the memories
thank you for reaching out
to touch my heart

i wish you get
all the love in the world
with me/without me/despite me

goodbye my lover,
goodbye my friend
you've been the one
you'll be the one for me
forever.

========================

the first stanza is from 'goodbye my lover' - james blunt.

No comments: