August 12, 2007

C

this one is about C - my best friend. i wonder why i've never blogged about her. maybe it's the fear that i won't be able to do justice to all that she is and to all that she means to me.

it's not even a year since i first talked to her. but i knew she was someone special the very first time i talked to her. (i still keep telling her that she must be my long-lost sis from some previous birth). there have been so many coincidences that i've stopped counting them. we think similarly, act accordingly and in general have the same feelings about a given situation. and yet, she couldn't be more different from me.

she's the person who knows the most about me. in many cases, she doesn't need to coz she just has to think of how she might have felt and she knows how i'm feeling. conversation becomes predictive then and we exchange much more than the usual in every interaction.

probably only the second person who understands me - or to put it in another way, only the second person whom i've allowed to understand me. but as i've already mentioned, she didn't have to labor much. it came naturally to her coz she's my alter ego. she's naween v 1.0. i don't want to describe her in terms of myself but then i don't want to call myself C v 1.1 coz i would never want her to become the me i am. never.

she has helped me in ways only she can. countered my stupidity with some of her own - mixed with sanity, of course. she's scolded me, cajoled me, threatened me and cared for me.

never - as far as i remember - i've connected to someone in this way in so short a time. it's something special. and that's what frightens me.

C , this is all nonsense. i can never write about you to my satisfaction. it's something like those discussions we have - all words and little sense. at least not the sense we want it to be. a big thank you for being everything that you are.

will try some other day. when i'm saner.

No comments: