August 27, 2007

broken inside


a thousand shreds and i wonder
how i walked through this day
and came out whole and alive
the crimson lights die their death
and the sunshine goes away
there's no warmth and i wither
fall and crumble and die
in a thousand different ways

exploding eyes set me on fire
the pyre seems so lovely
i arrange the logs, set them right
as they char me to ashes
i'm nothing again and yet
i'm not free, i'm washed away
by a torrent so fast
i don't even get the time to blink
all my life i was thirsty for water
and when it came it was too much

broken inside, i'm broken inside
no one can mend me again
the pieces just keep staring
a myriad eyes bore into my mind
innumerable visions and dreamy identities
i trudge through a mire
that runs too deep and too vast

broken, bruised, battered
beaten, i'm beaten inside

---------------------------------
inspired by 'nobody's home' - avril lavigne


No comments: